Published on: http://www.fiascosports.com
Redbull Racing’s Sebastian Vettel has taken advantage of the wet circuit conditions at the Montreal circuit, taking his third-straight pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton was second quickest to the German, but the surprise for the session was William’s driver Veltteri Bottas who blitzed through the wet conditions to qualify third.
Monaco-winner Nico Rosberg continued to show his pace placing fourth, with Australian Mark Webber rounding out the top five.
Fernando Alonso struggled once again with the car, only managing sixth fastest, with Jean Eric-Vergne, Adrian Sutil, Kimi Raikkonen and Australian Daniel Ricciardo to start in the top ten.
Ferrari driver Felipe Massa unfortunately finished Q2 in the wall, with the qualifying session then red-flagged with minutes to go.
The two McLarens continued their lack of pace, with Jenson Button and Sergio Perez both missing out on Q3.
Despite qualifying in 19th, Romain Grosjean will surrender his position and start in last place, due to a 10-grid spot penalty from causing an incident at the Monaco Grand Prix.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m25.425s
2. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m25.512s + 0.087s
3. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 1m25.897s + 0.472s
4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m26.008s + 0.583s
5. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m26.208s + 0.783s
6. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m26.504s + 1.079s
7. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m26.543s + 1.118s
8. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m27.348s + 1.923s
9. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m27.432s + 2.007s
10. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m27.946s + 2.521s
11. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari 1m29.435s + 1.786s
12. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes 1m29.761s + 2.112s
13. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m29.917s + 2.268s
14. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m30.068s + 2.419s
15. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m30.315s + 2.666s
16. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m30.354s + 2.705s
17. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m24.908s + 2.590
18. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault 1m25.626s + 3.308
19. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m25.716s + 3.398
20. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth 1m26.508s + 4.190
21. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m27.062s + 4.744
22. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault 1m27.110s + 4.792